How to fight the loneliness
I feel like crap today. Here are some things I do (and you can do!) to not feel quite so crappy.
- Make sure to keep eating, even if you don’t want to. Even if it’s something small, make sure you put nutritious food in your belly.
- Get out of the house, even if it’s just to go to the store.
- If you think of something that might help, no matter how silly, try it.
- Find ways to distract yourself. Books and music both help. TV just numbs you, but maybe that’s what you need. Try a book first.
- Remember that this too shall pass. There have been good days, this just isn’t one of them.
- Don’t mope around with gross hair and dirty sweatpants. Get ready for life, even if you don’t have anything planned.
- Do something indulgent. Take a bath, take a walk, take a nap. Treat yourself a little bit.
- Don’t sit around eating carton after carton of ice cream or whatever. But feel free to eat a small bag of M&Ms or a reasonable portion of another treat.
- Get in touch with friends, just to say hello.
- Keep breathing. Sometimes that’s all you can do.